Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 15:34:39 GMT by Wai Nang Chin
Hi, my wife and I moved to the UK from Hong Kong since Oct. 2023. We are both retired. I owned property in UK and I had paid the past 2 years rental income tax already. I got the UTR no. We know that we need to process self-assessment (apply split year treatment) for the tax year 2023-2024. SA109 form require to fill-in UTR no. My wife haven't got it. Is it necessary to apply UTR no. using the SA01 form? Thanks for your assistance.
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:49:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Wai Nang Chin,
If your wife meets the criteria for Self Assessment then yes a SA1 form would need to be submitted:
Register for Self Assessment if you are not self-employed
You can check if you meet the Self Assessment criteria at:
Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.