Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 07 May 2024 22:39:59 GMT by Louise Tai
I have paid the 2022/23 HK property tax (around GBP 1600) in March 2024 and did not claim for the foreign tax credit relief on 2022/23 self assessment because the deadline to fill in tax return was Jan 2024. Can I accumulate it with 2023/24 HK property tax and claim it together in the self assessment 2023/24? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2024 07:11:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Louise Tai,
No, you will be able to amend your tax return to include the Foreign Tax Credit.
You can either log in to your online tax return and amend it from there, or write to:
H.M. Revenue and Customs
Self Assessment
Advising of the changes to be made, or by submitting an amended SA106 foreign supplementary page.
Self Assessment: Foreign (SA106)
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.