Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 23 May 2024 22:31:50 GMT by HelloThere Lim
Hi there, I am trying to register for the self assessment as I have obtain some income/profit from being a professional body examiner last tax year. When I tried to register, I was given a list of options of Sole Trader (or Self Employed), Partner in a Business Partnership or Other Reason. Do I choose the Other Reason instead of Sole Trader?
Posted Wed, 29 May 2024 12:25:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Self employed and sole trader amount to the same thing.  You would choose self employed.
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2024 00:41:04 GMT by HelloThere Lim
Does Self Employed entitled the £1000 trading allowance?
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2024 11:18:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Please refer to Expenses if you're self-employed
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2024 00:11:25 GMT by HelloThere Lim
I noticed that the profits I registered via HMRC chat (tax year 2021/22) was categorised under PAYE which instead should be filed under Self Employed, how should I rectify this?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.