Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 30 May 2024 11:51:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi shahzaibf8,

No, the 20 hours cannot be averaged over a longer period.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 05 Jun 2024 22:06:19 GMT by
Am a international student in MSc project management I work 20hrs a week but I receive my salary slip monthly and in April there whr 30 days and my employer send me my salary slip with working hours of 81.56 will this effect my graduation visa because there where 5 weeks in April 30 April was in 5th week that was Tuesday Will this effect me In future.
Posted Thu, 06 Jun 2024 08:36:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

Sorry, we can only answer HMRC questions on this forum.

Please contact UK Visas and Immigration for advice.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 07 Jun 2024 01:21:34 GMT by Shraddhey Satpute
As an international student studying in the UK, I am aware that my part-time working hours are limited to 20 hours per week and 80 hours per month. I have recently completed 76 hours of work this month. If I now take 20 hours of paid holiday, will this exceed my monthly working hours limit and potentially pose a threat to my student visa working restrictions?
Posted Fri, 07 Jun 2024 09:00:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

Sorry, we can only answer HMRC questions on this forum.

Please contact UK Visas and Immigration for advice.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2024 21:20:23 GMT by gloriaoluwabiyi
Hello, I am working on NHSP and the working day of each week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday. Am I wrong to have been scheduling my 20 hrs work time with the NHSP Sunday to Saturday calendar and not Monday to Sunday as some calendars show, as both are different?
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2024 07:41:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi gloriaoluwabiyi,
No as you are using your own working week and as long as you stick to the 20hours you are ok.
Thank you.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2024 23:32:41 GMT by Vishwa
Hi I’m I have a doubt ,I’m a student with 20 hours work permit I worked 20 hours and got holiday pay 8 hours is that a problem for my psw?

Name removed admin .
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2024 14:03:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Vishwa,
The holiday pay should be for a week you have not worked and therefore wwill not form part of the 20 hours maximum.
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2024 23:39:58 GMT by ndnidhiit11
My employer's work week is from Sunday to Saturday. So suppose if I worked for 11 hours on Sunday and 10 hours on Monday, in my payslip the salary will show for 21 hours. My question is, the official week for counting 20 hours/week starts from Monday, so will these 21 hours be a problem for me as a part-time student worker, where actual work hours are only 10 from Monday and if my payslip doesn't show the dates as well? At the moment I was counting my hours only as per the official hours, i.e., Monday to Sunday.
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2024 11:28:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

Income tax is based on the amount you earn,not than the amount of hours you work ,

please see here for further information on income tax rates and your personal allowance :

www.gov.uk/income-tax-rates  .

Thank you .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.