Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 02 Jul 2024 14:02:29 GMT by Wing Man
Hi Team, At the financial year 23-24 I have some interest income from saving accounts ( local and oversea accounts). The total saving account income is around 4800Pounds this financial year and I have reported all of them. I also work as well. After I did the self assessment and I need to pay 562 in tax. However my tax code have changed from 1383MX to 1055MX for financial year 24-25. I have not pay that 562 tax yet. I do not understand why is it my tax-free amount is reduced for the coming year just because I had interest income at the previous financial year. I have not been in the UK the very long and I would like to know why is it calculated this way. I already need to pay tax for this income, and have my tax free amount reduced for another 3000 next year, It looks like I have being taxed twice for the same income. Is it because I have filled the self assessment form wrong? Wing
Posted Fri, 05 Jul 2024 14:16:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 5 Response
Hi 

From the amount you owe, it could be that your tax free allowance has been reduced for a different reason.
To allow us to confirm this, contact us by webchat or phone via Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2024 04:45:52 GMT by Wing Man
Hi. I have paid the tax that I owe. They have received it. However my tax code is still remain at 1055MX but not the original 1383M. Is this normal? I still try to figure out why is this happening. Does it means I need to pay more tax and also pay tax again at the end of the financial year for my saving income? Wing
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2024 10:30:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Wing Man,
To give you the best advice, we would need to check your record and your codes. To allow us to do this, contact us by webchat or phone via:
Self Assessment: general enquiries.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.