Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2024 11:38:38 GMT by Tanyaonline
Repeated issue: We are unable to process your application - address provided does not match our records I am brand new to this all. I have tried completing application to register for Self Assessment eight times since March. I have lived at same address for 34 years. I have a long complicated address which can be written in numerous ways due to optional flat number, optional street number. In each attempt i changed something slightly. Today i decided to change my address in my Personal tax account to match what i was using for this 9th attempt. Hoping that will work. I want this to work. I want to do everything online as I dont like completing manual forms. If anyone can advise I would be grateful. I have tried calling and that didn't help as was just told to do the paper registration. I have seen this issue many times in this forum, which until today was inaccessible to me. Has anyone got any tips should this 9th attempt not work? Naturally full marks for persistence on my part! lol
Posted Thu, 05 Sep 2024 10:19:12 GMT by James
I am also getting this exact problem! :(:(:(:( As the address on my personal tax account profile is an overseas address and there is no Country field in the self assesment form I am wondeirng if that is the problem? I have made sure EVERYTHING match between the address on my personal tax account record and what I put in the self assesment form (apart from the country which I cannot put in the application form). Has anyone actually managed to submit the form and get it to work? Looking for any clues to get it to work (including if needed setting a UK address on my personal tax account) Thanks
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2024 09:23:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi James,
If you live abroad, you may not be able to file your Self Assessment return online without using commercial software. For more advice, contact us by webchat or phone via Self Assessment: general enquiries.
Thank you.
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2024 11:30:45 GMT by Tanyaonline
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.