Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: We are unable to process your application - address provided does not match our records

I am also getting this exact problem! :(:(:(:( As the address on my personal tax account profile is an overseas address and there is no Country field in the self assesment form I am wondeirng if that is the problem? I have made sure EVERYTHING match between the address on my personal tax account record and what I put in the self assesment form (apart from the country which I cannot put in the application form). Has anyone actually managed to submit the form and get it to work? Looking for any clues to get it to work (including if needed setting a UK address on my personal tax account) Thanks
  • Non UK resident purchasing a new property and Rent a Room scheme

Hi, I'm a British citizen and I've been working overseas for many years, hence I'm not a UK resident. I currently own a buy-to-let property in England in my personal capacity. I'm now looking to buy a GBP250k bungalow in Wales to be close to my parents and sister. My plan is to stay in the bungalow for a few months every year, and I'll eventually move back to the UK permanently. 1. When I buy what will the bungalow be considered as for tax purposes? Main residence or second home? 2. If it's a main residence, can I utilize the Rent a Room scheme and rent it out as a short-term let when I'm not living there? What are the regulations for Rent a Room scheme in Wales? 3. Which level of stamp duties will I need to pay for this bungalow? 4. What is the Capital Gains Tax rate if I end up selling the bungalow a few years down the road? Thanks James