Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 21 May 2024 12:28:13 GMT by ilona_threeboxes10
Hi there, We have a situation where one of our clients is taking care of her daughter's child and her daughter pays her for childcare, but she is not registered as a childminder. I am seeking an advice on is whether or not this income is taxable and under which field would it go in for self-assessment? She receives £1000 a month for the childcare. Thanks in advance, Ilona
Posted Fri, 24 May 2024 12:44:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see the following guidance which covers miscellaneous income: 

BIM100000 - Miscellaneous income

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2024 13:12:04 GMT by ilona_threeboxes10
Thank you for this! I do have another question. The current threshold for tax-payments is £3,000. Does that include payments on account, as our client would like to make payments through their wage. Thank you!
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2024 07:03:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
As a payment on account is a predicted amount of tax for the following year, you cannot opt to pay this through a tax code - you can only request to code balancing payments for years with confirmed calculations. You can read more here - Pay your Self Assessment tax bill
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.