Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 08 Oct 2023 21:32:25 GMT by
I always get confused about how to correctly fill out the gift aid section on my tax return if I use the option to claim for a different year to when the payment has been made. Assume I want to claim £200 from tax year 1 in tax year 1 and 100 from tax year 2 (donated before I filled out the tax return for year 1). Year 1: box 5: 200 / box 6: 50 (part of box 5 I don't expect to donate in year 2) / box 7: 0 / box 8: 100 So far so good, but what about year 2 - do I need to include the 100 already claimed in year 1 box 8 in year 2 box 5 or just in year 2 box 7? The notes are not really clear on this.
Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 07:34:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Thomas Gundacker,

For year 2 there would be an entry in box 5 & box 7. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.