Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 23 Oct 2023 18:04:37 GMT by Circlesofconfusion
Hi, for the tax year 2022-2023 all my earnings were PAYE(taxed at source). (For every previous year going back 15 years I have had some non-PAYE work and therefore had to do a tax return.)This coming year (2023-2024) I will have some non PAYE earnings. I dont want to deregister my account as will need it for next year. Is there a way to register with HMRC that I dont need to fill out a form for a single year but do want to keep my account for the following year? Thanks.
Posted Thu, 26 Oct 2023 15:58:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Circlesofconfusion,

Please complete the self assessment tool at Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return, for 22/23.
If you are advised that you do not need to complete a tax return for 22/23, then contact the self assessment helpine on 0300 200 3310 or by using the webchat facility (Self Assessment: general enquiries) and advise that you have completed the SA tool and don't meet the criteria for a 22/23 tax return.  
My colleagues can then withdraw the tax return, allowing your self assessment record to remain live, so that future tax returns are requested.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.