Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 21 Sep 2023 22:31:19 GMT by User089159
Hello. Could you help me, please? If I have been transferred from one employer (the 'old' employer) to another employer (the 'new' employer) via a TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment)) transfer, which employer is responsible for my taxes in regard to my employment with my 'old' employer for the time when I was with my 'old' employer before my transfer? Is that still the 'old' employer? For example, which employer (of two) should I contact if there may be some mistakes or something may require adjustment in relation to my taxes regarding my employment with my 'old' employer (i.e., regarding my employment before the transfer)? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 06 Oct 2023 10:33:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi User089159,
If there are errors in the payroll for the old employer then it would be the old employer you would contact as they would need to make the adjustments to their payroll. 
Thank you. 
Posted Sat, 07 Oct 2023 22:38:15 GMT by User089159
Hello. Thanks a lot. Could you advise me, please, if the old employer is in administration or becomes dissolved, is it right that I can ask HMRC to consider corrections/adjustments to my taxes regarding my employment with the old employer (if it is not resolved during the administration, if it can be resolved during it at all)?
Posted Fri, 13 Oct 2023 14:17:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi User089159,

You could certainly contact HMRC personal Tax 0300 200 3300 for further advice on your personal tax situation.
The correct advice remains that if errors have been made the previous employer would under normal circumstances be required to amend incorrect information and resubmit.

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.