Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 01 Oct 2023 11:07:19 GMT by Brightside
Hi there, I already have my UTR and have previously completed Self Assessments as a sole trader but I closed that business and 'deregistered' several years ago. I need to register as sole trader again but for a completely different business. Everything I've read says that I need to 'reactivate' my Self Assessment and re-register as a sole trader but I can't find any way of doing that. I understand that I will need to complete a Self Assessment for 2023/24 but can't see how to register my new trading name, start date etc, now. When I login to my personal tax account, my business account is still there but when I try to 'add a tax' there is no 'sole trader' option. Only 'partnership' or 'trust'. Please could you advise me on how to add the new business? Thanks in advance
Posted Mon, 09 Oct 2023 12:03:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You can register as self employed sole trader at:

Set up as a sole trader

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.