Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2023 10:48:10 GMT by
Hi! Every year my mother, who is now 86 needs a certified double taxation form for the German Department for Pensions last year, to declare that she doesn't earn or pay tax in the UK. She is a pensioner and receives her pension from Germany, never had any income in the UK. She moved here as a pensioner, therefore she doesn't have a National Insurance number. Which is the main problem. Every year we send the form to PAYE & Self Assessment (with a leter explaining her situation), it then takes months until we get a letter back that tells us that we should provide a NI number. Usually after several attempts someone kindly puts the stamp on the form. But this year we haven't heard anything at all since May. The deadline has passed, we have an exemption until the end of this month, this causes my mother a lot of anxiety. We can never get through to anyone on the phone because the automated system always asks for that NI number she doesn't have. I would be really grateful for some advice.

[Personal details removed - Admin]
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2023 16:14:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi SFisch,
You could try the webchat facility at Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2023 17:17:14 GMT by
Will do, thank you!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.