Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 10:26:11 GMT by Joseph
I'm currently setting up an Adobe Stock Contributor account in which I have been asked to fill in a W-8 BEN form which requires my foreign tax identification number (which I presume is my UK tax code). I'm unsure how to get this as I have not started to earn yet and therefore have no need to do a self-assessment form, I also am not setting up a business as I don't think I need to? And have only got tax codes from previous employment which I believe expire (this was 4 years ago).
Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 10:58:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Your foreign tax identification number can be either your Self Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR), or your National Insurance Number (NINO).
You should be able to view your NINO on any letter issued to you by HMRC.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.