Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 27 Oct 2023 08:08:52 GMT by
I completed Self Assessment for FY23 for UK Pension final payment. HRMC has assessed return, paid a refund and Pension is now closed. I am domiciled and resident in Australia. For FY24 I will have no UK income, interest, dividends etc, I have UK ties and have no intention of visiting UK in the near future. How do I inform HMRC that I will no longer need to submit self assessment in the future?
Posted Thu, 02 Nov 2023 09:47:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi t4terry,
Please check the self assessment tool at Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return, to confirm a tax return is no longer appropriate
and then, from overseas, you can contact HMRC using +44 161 931 9070 or by contacting our webchat facility at Self Assessment: general enquiries.  
(Open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm Closed on weekends and bank holidays). The other option is to write to
H.M. Revenue and Customs
Self Assessment
and advise you no longer meet self assesment critieria.
Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.