Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 17 Oct 2023 13:25:51 GMT by harryss53
Hi, I want to know how I can file my tax returns for the 1. Interest earned on my savings account in "UK" bank 2. Interest earned on my deposits in "Overseas" Bank Thanks, Harry
Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 13:43:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi harryss53,

SA100 (tax return) page TR3, boxes 1 and 2 are for UK interest.  
Provided your overseas interest is not taxed and is below £2000, you can declare this in box 3.  
If your overseas interest is more that £2000 or has tax deducted from it, you would declare this on supplementary page Self Assessment: Foreign (SA106)
Tax Return (2023)   if you are using the online tax return, you will need to tailor your return to include foreign income if the criteria for showing the interst on SA106 applies.

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.