Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 23 Feb 2024 03:30:33 GMT by KKK
Hi, a few questions below: 1. I'm going to migrate to UK with my wife (she is UK citizen). I was born in Hong Kong and my father was born and lives in Hong Kong too. So it seems I'm non domicile. Am I likely eligible to apply for remittance basis on tax return? 2. To complete the tax return self assessment by remittance basis, I should complete SA100 which can do online and SA109 (only paper version?). Is it correct? Is there any other procedure I have to do in order to claim remittance basis? Thanks
Posted Tue, 27 Feb 2024 08:44:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Anyone who is considered resident in the UK for tax purposes, but is not domiciled in the UK, can elect to claim the remittance basis.  
The remittance basis must be claimed through a self assessment tax return.  
 Residence, domicile and the remittance basis: RDR1, as you may find the remittance basis is not beneficial to you.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.