Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 17 Aug 2023 18:48:12 GMT by
Hi All, I have a refund from HMRC that is now overdue (4 weeks) I'm unable to get past their stupid security questions, even though they have my name, address, DOB, NI, UTR and Refund reference. Having to use the horrid chat as phones are down and I keep being asked (copied from one of many chats with HMRC) "what was the amount of the last refund that HMRC sent you via Self-assessment" Where is this info stored what does it look like? Are they referring to the pdf statements of which I have 2. None of the statements say refunded X amount. I've also tried using the section in my HMRC web account "Payments/credits received" but those figures are not the correct answers. I can't refer to my bank statements because I've changed banks and now that everything is digital I don't have a paper record to refer to (in hind site I should have downloaded the pdf statements) Does anyone have any idea where these refund figures are and what they will be worded or look like? The chat staff are super, super unhelpful and telling me how to find them, and just end the chat! TIA
Posted Fri, 18 Aug 2023 12:57:01 GMT by BigJohnTheBrikkie
Look on Line under "View Account" the click on "Repayments" here will be a list off all your repayments Thought I'd answer as HMRC seem incappable If we did our jobs like they do theirs we'd all be sacked

You must be signed in to post in this forum.