Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 13 Dec 2023 12:43:45 GMT by Mark Reynolds
The return lists two employments, one of which I left in October 2020. I have no record of any details related to this employer since 2020-21. When I change the drop down to be just one and go to the next page I see the following 'Tailor error'. You cannot remove a section from within '3. Tailor your return'. Please use the 'Delete' link from within the section you wish to remove. The 'Delete' link can be found in the bottom right hand corner of the page. Go to Check your progress to access the relevant section. The only delete link I can see is to delete my tax return in totality, i have tried this but the second employer is still there.
Posted Thu, 14 Dec 2023 07:37:11 GMT by maxb
It sounds like it wants you to go to '5. Check your return', then 'Change income' under the relevant employer heading - I see a 'Delete section' link in my own return at the bottom of that page.
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 11:13:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Mark Reynolds

It's possible that your previous employer hasn't correctly ceased your employment profile with them, and as such it's still present on your record.
Contact us via webchat or phone at Income Tax: general enquiries
and we can confirm how many employers we currently have on your record.
We can then advise on how to complete your return, before contacting this employer to fully cease your record with them.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.