Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 08 Aug 2023 01:01:21 GMT by Sharples123
I have Received a chargeable event certificate upon an endowment policy maturing. The certificate states amount of income ys. Treated as paid on the gain, does this mean I have paid this amount of tax on the gain. should I include the gain and the income tax paid on my tax return and if so where? I am a higher rate taxpayer , does this affect anything. Number of years for too slicing is 25. Do I need to use this?
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 10:45:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Sharples123,
Yes you need to declare this on your tax return. if papar it is on form SA101.
If online, you need to tailor your return at section 3 to answer yes to to other income. this then opens up other boxes for you to declare the policy.
Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.