Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 15 Feb 2024 20:54:14 GMT by
Hello, I am a regular PAYE employee and do not have to submit self assessments (and never have done). I have just received my EIS certificate for an investment made in October 2023 and am looking to claim the tax relief. I will be claiming £15k relief (from a £50k investment), I was planning on sending off the EIS3 form but not sure if I am able to if it’s over £10k claim? Is my only option to register for self assessments? Thanks in advance for any advice. George
Posted Tue, 20 Feb 2024 11:33:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Where the EIS claim exceeds £33333.00 @ 30% = £10000, then the criteria for a self assessment tax return is met.  You will need to claim the tax relief by registering for self assessment and submitting a tax return.  
You can register for self assessment at Check how to register for Self Assessment.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.