Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 02:13:14 GMT by Ellenbf42 F
Hi. I have paid tax in Australia on a UK pension. I'm trying to fill in my UK tax self assessment but I am not sure how to put this in into the return. (Unfortunately I've managed to become a dual resident this year.) If I put it under foreign income the pension is counted twice. It is already in the UK income section. If I don't put it in then I won't get credit for it in the UK, I'll pay tax and I don't think that's what's intended in the DTA. I'm just not sure where to put it in the self assessment form, Any help gratefully received. Thanks
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 14:36:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see guidance here:

Relief for foreign tax paid (Self Assessment helpsheet HS263)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.