Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 10:23:15 GMT by
I've been asked to submit a Self Assessment return for April 22 - April 23, however I don't believe I meet any of the criteria to do so, therefore I submitted an online removal request on 22 Dec 2023. In my Govt Gateway account under the Check progress tab, there is confirmation of this removal form submission with a status of 'Completed'. Can you please confirm what this means as I find it ambiguous? Is it that the assessment of my request is completed, or confirmation of my removal from self-assessment? On 9 Jan 2024 I was sent a full Tax calculation for the year 22-23, and in my online Personal Tax account home page, under Your returns it says, "You have filed your return for tax year 2022 to 2023". Can I take these instances as confirmation that I DO NOT need to submit a self assessment for 22-23? Or am I still required to do so?
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 14:04:16 GMT by
Please disregard this post. Today I have received confirmation by post that I have been removed from self-assessment.
Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2024 11:31:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
If your Self Assessment record is closed we would write to you to confirm. If you have not recevied a letter then please contact HMRC to review Self Assessment: general enquiries

You must be signed in to post in this forum.