Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 03 Oct 2024 11:13:42 GMT by danccc2020
I need help with completing my Self Assessment. When I checked the calculation for the 2023-2024 tax year, I noticed that the total amount due wasn't reduced to account for the advance payments I made, as required by last year's Self Assessment (2022-2023). For example, the first payment due by 31 January 2024 and the second payment made by 31 July 2024. I have a record in my account showing that my tax for the 2023-2024 tax year should have been reduced by these payments. I haven't submitted my tax return for 2023-2024 yet, and I'm wondering when these advance payments will be reflected in my calculation
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2024 09:34:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
Your advanced payments, or Payments on Account (POAs), will not show in the Self Assessment calculation that is produced towards the end of your filing your return.
However, when you fully submit your return, your POAs will be deducted from the figure of tax due that the calculation produced.
You should see this on your Personal Tax Account, along with the remaining amount due to be paid (or your overpayment, if your POAs were too high).
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.