Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 14:57:33 GMT by
I arrived in UK in mid Sep 2022 and kept receiving salaries during my leave under my contract for the employment in Hong Kong until mid Oct 2022. I paid the salaries tax in Hong Kong for above service. I rented a house in UK from mid August 2022 and I don't have other links here. I suppose I am eligible for split year treatment for 2022/23. Do I need to file the income for the above service?
Posted Thu, 18 Jan 2024 09:30:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi orangebagtoday,
While it may not be liable for UK tax, we may still need you to declare foreign income for this period.
We would need to review your record to give you the correct advice - contact us by webchat or post via:-
 Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.