Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 17 Dec 2023 19:43:52 GMT by Prathapa Reddy Ulichi
I got tax refund on 24 July 2023 for the financial year 2022-2023 I got a message on 3rd September 2023 that I owed some amount for the financial year 2022-2023. I have paid online. After this, I do not owe and repayment any more income tax for 2022-2023. Now I am trying to do self assessment for the financial 2022-2023 due some child benefit amount taken which was very less(£36). Then where should I enter above refunded and owed(re-payment) amount values. If I do not enter those values, then the total tax repayable to me for 2022-2023 is showing which I dont want it because I have already settled, Please help me on this. Thank you. Kind Regards, 
Posted Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:09:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Prathapa Reddy Ulichi,
If you have already received a refund for the 2022/23 from HMRC when you are completing your Self Assessment tax return in the tailor your tax return section you would answer yes to the question- 'Have you had any 2022-23 Income Tax refunded or off-set by us or JobCentre Plus? '
This will then open the section were you can enter the details of the refund already received so not refunded again. 
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 21 Dec 2023 16:53:56 GMT by Prathapa Reddy Ulichi
Thank you for reply. When I set that question you mentioned then its asking below which is wrong. "You have said that you had tax refunded or set-off by us or Jobcentre Plus in the tax year 6 April 2022 to 5 April 2023. " I got the refund in the financial year 2023-2024 but not in 2022-2023. There is no such section.Because the text is like below. When I tried to add the amount, its calculating wrong amount and showing I am due. And also there is no section to enter where I have paid back some amount in 2023-2024 for financial year 2022-2023. Please help. OR I will add into additional details. Let me see.
Posted Tue, 02 Jan 2024 15:31:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Prathapa Reddy Ulichi

We may need to review your return and record to confirm the correct way to resolve your issue - contact us by webchat or phone via Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.