Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 16:51:53 GMT by Andrea D'Arcy
Following my fathers death I have received a chargeable event certificate, do I declare that gain on my late fathers self assessment or via the will trust he has set up?
Posted Thu, 11 Jan 2024 14:55:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Chargeable event gains are subject to income tax. Any gains are treated as forming part of the deceased’s income at the date of their death and should therefore be included in your late fathers self assessment tax return.  
On the paper tax return, this would be SA101 (additional information).  The online tax return has an option on page 2 of 3 "tailor your return".

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.