Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2024 10:35:23 GMT by Paul Brady
My wife has her married name registered with HMRC but her passport & driving licence are under maiden name. We can find no possible way for her to register for self assessment as she has no way of passing security checks online or over the phone. Whilst this is ongoing she is being fined daily for a late self assessment but we cannot find a way forward. Any help appreciated.
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2024 14:35:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
If your wife is being fined for late Self Assessment, she must already be registered for Self Assessment.
If she is unable to file her return online, she can print and send a paper return - if she contacts us by webchat or phone via Self Assessment: general enquiries ,
we can issue a paper return for her to complete.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.