Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 12:11:56 GMT by
Hi, I'm currently have investments abroad, for which I complete a self assessment every year to declare the income from those investments. I'm now reviewing the situation and thinking about moving the money to the UK and investing it here. Do I have to declare anyhting else, other than the income made with this money? Also, when I move the money over to the UK, I will have cost for transfer and currency changes. Can I clame this cost back in my Self Assessment? Many thanks in advance hermest
Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 15:29:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

No you dont need to declare the transfer of the capital. You cannot claim expenses for the cost of the transfer or currency exchange.

Thank you

Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 16:22:52 GMT by
Hi, many thanks for the response, that is very helpful. regards hermest

You must be signed in to post in this forum.