Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 27 Jun 2023 22:12:57 GMT by Edward Eaton
Hi I was wondering whether I am able to add a gift-aided membership to a registered charity as part of my SA return. They have given me gift aid declaration receipt saying that my payment to them of £49 has been treated as a donation and that this amount has been gift aided. However, they area also saying that the donation means may payment is treated as an annual membership with them. I am confused whether I can claim back for this, as some guidance suggests I'm not able to this if I'm receiving goods/services in return, such as entry to an event, or membership to something.
Posted Fri, 30 Jun 2023 16:27:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

If you pay income tax at the higher or additional rates, you can claim further relief on top of the 20% already given.  
If your highest rate of tax is basic rate, no further relief is due.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.