Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 22:35:59 GMT by thomas
In the "Tailer your return" section of the online income tax self assessment tool, you specify how many employers you've had and their names. I was employed abroad for 6 months, should I list this employer or only list the income in the Foreign Income section? Thanks.
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 14:45:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

If you are declaring your overseas employment income to include it in the tax liability calculation, you should include it in the employment section, in pounds sterling.  
Do not include foreign tax deducted here, this goes in the foreign section, so you can claim a foreign tax credit.  
Please use "N/A" for the employers reference.  On a paper tax return, this would be supplementary pages SA102 and SA106.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.