Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 11 May 2024 07:37:08 GMT by Peter Knox
I submitted my tax return on 1st. May 2024. I received an email acknowledging receipt. Now the HMRC website tells me I have not submitted my tax return. This is very confusing. The chatbot is of no help whatsoever.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2024 16:06:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Peter Knox,
You will need to contact HMRC to review:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

Posted Thu, 23 May 2024 09:36:22 GMT by Paul Willis
I submitted my tax return in December last year and also recieved a HR mark reciept, yet they the site says they haven't recieved it. It's down to an error their end and they have acknowledged this, but I'm still waiting and have to just ignore the penalty letters and wait until they manually work through the massive pile of issues their end. It's not great. I would either speak on the phone or keep asking to speak to a person on the chat bot until it puts you through to a real human. I find the wait times ok if you log in the moment they open at 8am.
Posted Fri, 24 May 2024 06:49:24 GMT by Peter Knox
Thanks for that Paul, good to know I am not alone.
Posted Fri, 24 May 2024 14:20:13 GMT by Richard Dixon
I have the same problem. I submitted 2 returns for 22/23; I received a submission receipt for the amended one (which reduced my liability) but apparently it now can't be found on the system. In the meantime I'm getting the usual letters about late payment and associated penalties. I have zero confidence that, following my one call with an agent, anyone is trying to resolve this. Each time I've called subsequently I've hung up after 30 minutes.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2024 13:41:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

If the amendment has not been processed to your record we would need to review your record to check this for you. You will need to contact our Self Assessment team to do this.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.