Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 13 Feb 2024 16:13:40 GMT by
I receive rental property income as well as a personal pension. At the moment I pay income tax on the property income through my PAYE code based upon an estimate of the property income. This has arisen because in the first (partial) year of the property rental I had a profit of less than £1000, so did not need to fill in a Self Assessment and included the income as additional income on my personal taxation pages. I have now started to fill in Self Assessments since the income has increased. I would like to keep the income streams from my property and pension as separate as possible - so would prefer to pay the income tax payments separate too. So the question is - is it possible to remove the estimated property income from my PAYE code and pay the property income tax separately when it becomes due? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 11:49:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

You will need to contact the self assessment helpline on 0300 200 3310 or contact our webchat facility at
Contact HMRC,
to advise that you do not wan the the tax for your income from property deducted through your tax code.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.