Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 07 Jun 2024 04:53:41 GMT by Andrew Wren
For the 2023-24 tax year I received Private Medical Insurance from my employer. This appears on my 2023-24 P11D. I have already paid tax on this benefit as my tax code was adjusted (notified by HMRC in July 2023): personal allowance less medical insurance If I include the Private Medical Insurance in my 2023-24 self assessment I will be paying the tax on this benefit twice Please advise how to handle this so that I disclose what I have to but not pay the tax twice
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2024 11:09:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
If the medical benefit was taxed as a deduction in your tax code you will still declare on your Self Assessment. You will not pay tax on this twice as you declare the tax deducted on your Self Assessment and you will receive the credit of the tax already deducted at source for the medical benefit.
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2024 12:55:05 GMT by Andrew Wren
Thank you. Re: "...you declare the tax deducted on your Self Assessment", are you able to advise which section of the Self Assessment this is noted in?
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2024 13:34:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi, 
It would be on the employment section under taxable benefits received from employer. 
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.