Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2024 16:08:15 GMT by Safi
I was denied a copy of Form C5 from Solicitors, although one of the Executors ie First Executrix. My now "estranged" Sibling (living locally and having no health problems like myself) held Power of Attorney. I was the substitute P.O.A. My Sibling admitted to gifting herself "no more" than £3k. I believe that to have been per annum and so quite a considerable sum. I received no gifts, although the P.O.A. was designed to allow that. I am in the process of complaining to the S.L.C.C. about the Solicitors on many levels eg I have evidence they had been instructed by my Sibling in the past. I have two queries; 1) I would like to contact the HMRC for a C5 copy and would like to know the Dept.and Address please 2) Although I did not give or sign my consent, I feel she may have been flying solo as the Personal Representative of the Estate, via a Banking Institution that only allow one Pers.Reps. and I'm looking into this matter. Meanwhile, if she was, would a different form to the C5 have been submitted and what would this form be called and which Dept. and Address would that be please ?
Posted Thu, 01 Aug 2024 07:23:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

Please contact the Inheritance Tax team for advice.

Inheritance Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.