Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 02 Apr 2024 21:29:31 GMT by Mike Ml
Today I have tried to register as sole trader. I made a Government Gateway account and got my User ID. I followed all the steps correctly. Then i was asked if i had a UTR, which i selected NO. Then it took me to a form titled "Register for HMRC taxes" I filled this in and selected that I haven't lived in my address for over 3 years. It asked for the old address and i mistakenly put the same current address I live at. What I have ended up doing is filling in another "Register for HMRC taxes" form with the correct old address. What should i do? Will i Recive two UTR letters? Will I get fined? How can I delete the first form? Any help would be appreicated hugely. thank you
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 14:35:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

You will not receive two UTR's. The system will pick up that an existing UTR is in place. You do not need to do anything once registered the UTR will be sent to you by post. 

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.