Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 10:36:40 GMT by halogenglow2
Hi, I am due a refund of £900 approx from my 2022-23 tax return. Will that be sent automatically or do I have to "claim" it? I am sure that last year my refund was sent automatically as a cheque in the post. I do not want it added to my 23-24 tax code. Thanks.
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 12:11:05 GMT by halogenglow2
I have an amount due for repayment "HM Revenue and Customs will add this amount to your Self Assessment statement of account" and I jumped through all the hoops for identity verification, which is BIZARRE consideration i'm already authenticated to the HMRC self assessment portal, but I guess HMRC either don't want to refund or they don't trust their own authentication - anyway, when I get to the refund portal it says that I have nothing owing? Where is the refund, and why can't it just be sent in the post as per previous years?
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:49:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

The refund will be released automatically as long as the relevant boxes were completed in the repayment section when you filled in your 2023 tax return.

Thank you.  
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 12:27:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
To confirm the status and progress of your repayment, we would need to review your record.
Please contact us by webchat or phone via:
Self Assessment: general enquiries to allow us to view your statement and advise you.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.