Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 17 May 2023 11:29:42 GMT by stella cham
Dear HMRC, I got my BNO visa on June 2022 & arrived in UK on August 2022. I have some enquiry for my Taxable Income & Capital Gain below. 1) If I cut off my Savings Life Insurance & sold out my shares on May 2022 in Hong Kong and refunded the money to me. Should I need to pay tax in UK? Is it register in Self Assessment, to claim Split Year? 2) From August 2022, I got some bank interest in UK & Hong Kong bank accounts. Is it fill in SA 100 & SA 106 for interest tax return? And Do you have Tax guideline for how to fill in the Form? Many thanks in advance for your assistance & look forward to hearing from you. Best Regards 

Name Removed Admin.
Posted Tue, 23 May 2023 14:48:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If you qualify for split year then you only report any foreign income for the UK part of the year.

RDRM12000 - Residence: The SRT: Split year treatment

If you do not qualify then you will need to report all your foreign income to the UK.

Tax on foreign income

The guidance at RDRM12150 at GOV.UK will help you work out if split year treatment applies. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.