Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2023 22:03:09 GMT by Beverly Ng
I had registered self assessment online on 29 / Oct /2023, I checked with the "Check when you can expect a reply from HMRC" which said that I should have received a reply (UTR) on 19 Nov 2023, but I didn't receive. So there is something wrong with my self assessment registration? How can I do the tax return without the UTR? Then I try to ask HMRC online, the chatting bot did not give me help, just saying "Our advisers are not available to discuss your query because this is outside of their working hours". I am so afraid that I will miss the 31 Jan 2024 deadline to report my tax return, I don't want to be charged with offence. Please note that I have hearing loss, I can only chat online, I cannot contact them by phone. Could you give me some direct help? e.g. a direct email to an advisor. PLEASE!!!! I AM DESPARATE!!!!
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 09:33:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Beverly,
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your registration.
If you tried to register on the 29th of October, you should have received your UTR by now.
There may have been an issue with the information you provided when you were registering.
You can try registering again online, or contact us by webchat at Self Assessment: general enquiries , between 8am and 8pm. 
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.