Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 22 Aug 2023 15:05:54 GMT by Kevin Lee
My wife and I applied for the Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) registration on July 23rd. However, only my wife received the UTR code last week. Unfortunately, even though it's been almost 22 working days, I haven't received my UTR code yet. Could you please provide me with an update on the current status of my registration? Additionally, I would greatly appreciate any guidance on what steps I can take at this point. Thank you very much!
Posted Wed, 23 Aug 2023 15:29:37 GMT by Mei Ng
I have the same situation. My husband, daughter and I submitted SA1 online registration for self assessment (applying for UTR and split year treatment) on 30 July 2023. Since no acknowledgement emails were received for the submission, how can we be sure if HMRC had received our applications? If I resubmit the application, will the system automatically reject it? Hope to hear from you see! Thanks a lot!
Posted Fri, 25 Aug 2023 13:26:15 GMT by
Excuse me same case for me. I and my wife submit NRl1 on mid Jul, but no acknowledge email nor letter replied yet. I don’t know to how to proceed.
Posted Tue, 29 Aug 2023 14:09:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi Kevin,

We are unable to access your record to review the position on the forum. You will need to contact our Self Assessment team.

If you click 'Ask HMRC Online' and request to speak with an adviser, you will be put into the queue for Webchat.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

Posted Wed, 30 Aug 2023 11:46:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi  Mei Ng

The applications are processed in date order, the second one would be rejected after the first one is worked.

Thank you.

Posted Wed, 30 Aug 2023 11:54:34 GMT by Mei Ng
Thank you for your reply! I have just had a webchat with HMRC, the adviser told me that I should have received a submission receipt upon my submission of SA1 online. But, I didn't receive it. Does this mean HMRC hasn't received my form? Mei Ng
Posted Thu, 31 Aug 2023 13:40:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi wall40ling
If you click on 'Ask HMRC Online' and request to speak to an adviser you will be put into the queue for Webchat and we will check the latest timescales.
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Posted Thu, 31 Aug 2023 14:54:18 GMT by
Hi, Regarding the above advice using "Ask HMRC online", I had tried to speak to the advisor via the Webchat , but I felt quite disappointed in this service as the advisor could check the status for the "already" taxpayer only. For my case, it is the first time I applied for SA1 and UTR no. The advisor was unable to check for me about my application progress. Since I posted my SA1 form on 1 Aug 2023 by 1st class registered mailing service, I did NOT yet receive any reply letter / call from HMRC at this moment. The reply from HMRC should be on 26 Aug 2023, but it is already overdue for some days .... What could you advise me to do further?! Thank you.
Posted Mon, 04 Sep 2023 15:35:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

If the form has been submitted successfully, this usually generates a confirmation which is sent to you. If you are unable to see the UTR on your account, you can contact us again and we can refer this on. We would need to know the date you registered and the email address you used.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 12:43:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

Our current timescale for the forms to be processed is within 4 weeks of it being received. If you have not received the UTR in the next 3 weeks you will need to send the form again.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.