Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 25 Jul 2023 17:08:01 GMT by AmySat07
I’ve been asked to invoice a client in Saudi Arabia, and have been warned that my payments are subject to 5% withhold tax. Does anyone know if I can claim back the 5% withhold tax on my tax return?
Posted Wed, 02 Aug 2023 13:33:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi AmySat07,

The payments from your Saudi Arabian client are included in your self employed turnover, so that they are taxed as part of your self employment gross turnonver.  
You would also complete SA106 and declare the foreign element of your gross turnover and the tax deducted.  
You can then claim a foreign tax credit relief for the withheld tax, so that you are not taxed twice on the same income.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.