Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 17 May 2024 16:31:55 GMT by HOLLY BAILIE
Hi, I am employed full time and pay tax on this income via PAYE, but I have an existing self assessment registration as I used to rent out my home when working overseas. I stopped earning property income last year, but I’m now planning to set up as a sole trader to earn additional income, alongside my employment salary. Can I use my existing self-assessment registration (using the Self Employment page) to report any income or losses as a sole trader? Or do I require a new self assessment registration? Thanks!
Posted Wed, 22 May 2024 14:19:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You would still use the same UTR for your Self Assessment. You would also need to register as self employed.

Set up as self-employed (a 'sole trader'): step by step

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.