Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Self assessment for sole trader + employee

    Hi, I am employed full time and pay tax on this income via PAYE, but I have an existing self assessment registration as I used to rent out my home when working overseas. I stopped earning property income last year, but I’m now planning to set up as a sole trader to earn additional income, alongside my employment salary. Can I use my existing self-assessment registration (using the Self Employment page) to report any income or losses as a sole trader? Or do I require a new self assessment registration? Thanks!