Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2024 11:55:53 GMT by vskil24@
Hello, can someone please assist me on this. I have been mistakenly filed as having a Student Loan from my employer, and for months (almost a year now) I am trying to get a Stop Order sent to them. I have reached out to SLC 4 times already, and they are sending out a form to HMRC every time, but the case does not move forward after that. I have also tried to contact HMRC on the general phone line, but I either get directed to the wrong place by the chatbot, or end up spending hours on end on hold. I have not managed to speak to a single person yet. Can you please tell the student loan department email, or any other way to contact them? I have been getting deductions for months now for no reason, and I need to finally get a stop order for this.
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2024 11:42:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi vskil24@,
I am really sorry to hear about the issue you've been experiencing here, and the frustration it has caused.
You can contact Student Loans here - Contact SLC - repayment enquiries - but if you're unable to make progress this way, please try
contacting us by webchat or phone again, via Income Tax: general enquiries  - if you ask to speak to an advisor, we should be able to
liase with out Student Loans unit directly.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.