Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 04 Dec 2023 13:31:51 GMT by
Hi, I’ve submitted my return on the 1st of December and on the same day the tracking said it was sent for further checks. Just trying to find out what this means. Our products are zero rated so we are only getting a refund and never had an issue in the past 3 years. Refund amount hasn’t changed either, just wondering what this means and if anyone else has experience it and whether this has delayed payout? We usually get ours within 7 working days from submission.
Posted Mon, 04 Dec 2023 16:31:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
This would just mean that it is being checked by our compliance team and this is a very normal procedure.
However if you don't receive the payment within 30 days then please contact our Helpline on 03002003700.
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 21 Dec 2023 12:08:23 GMT by
Lovehut, did you get an update on this? I also have filed return on the 1st and have had no update as to 'Sending for further checks' since. I have contacted HMRC a couple of times, and nothing other than its still being processed. I am like you where we sell zero VAT products and in the 3 years this is the longest it has taken for us to receive the refund.
Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 21:32:52 GMT by
I’m in the same position, normally submit my turnaround and it is currently “Sending for Further Checks” from the 2nd of Jan but no further update…
Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 16:13:22 GMT by andrit skollaj
Hello i have submit a var repayment from 5 febryary 2024 on 8 february :sending for further checks estimated repayment date 06 March 2024 today is 29 days since submitted NO LETTER MAIL FROM HMRC NO EMAIL RECEIVED NO CONTACT AT ALL FROM THEM NOTHING is my first repayment as a new bussines I have spend a lot of money and this repayment on vat is essential for my bussines can I have some kind of help or advise please?
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 10:07:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi andrit skollaj,
Please contact our Helpline so that we can open up your records and identify the reason for the delay with the repayment.
Please see below:
VAT: general enquiries.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.