Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2024 09:27:34 GMT by Mark Preston
I applied for a VAT number for my new company back in December 2023. I have sent emails to the vrs email address with no reply. This is now into 7 months since I applied and no response from HMRC. Can someone please respond and advise of progress
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2024 09:48:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi MP Project Management,
Please contact our Helpline on 0300 200 3700 so that we can chase this application up for you urgently.
Thank you.

Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2024 10:38:41 GMT by Mark Preston
Thank you for your response. I have tried this twice already and after waiting for 57 minutes and the second call for over 1 hour for someone to answer I was advised (twice) the agent could not provide an update as they are not trained in this area and that I could only chase progress by emailing the vrs address. They have been unable to help Can someone who is trained call me or look into this. I have just spoken to someone called Gretta, Can someone please speak to Gretta as she is struggling to progress. In the meantime, I have been waiting and chasing for 7 months
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2024 10:57:22 GMT by Mark Preston
After 7 months, it appears you cannot find the application. Should I raise another request and then call the office so it can be managed immediately (and avoid another 7 month wait)
Posted Tue, 02 Jul 2024 09:06:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Mark Preston,
Thank you for your two posts.
I'm sorry about the problems you have had with your VAT application. If the application can not be found then I would submit a new application.
After receiving your application then this should be dealt with promptly but I would call our Helpline on 0300 200 3700 so that we can confirm receipt of this so that there no delays.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.