Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 16:46:53 GMT by
Hi, I am writing to check the status of my application for VAT registration business name change. Last year, in October, I mailed all the files necessary (I called the advisers of HMRC and was told what should I do) to HMRC in the UK to make a change of my VAT business registration name. It has been over 3 months, and I have not gotten any responses so far, so has the HMRC received my application files? and what should I do? Thanks so much for your help. I am looking forward to your reply. Have a nice day

[Personal information removed - Admin]
Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2024 09:28:46 GMT by Jay Cooke
You can make these changes on the government gateway/VAT portal. You can also use a VAT484 form and mail it in the post, but 3 months does seem quite a long time, so perhaps it has been lost in the post? Another reason to use the online process as its quicker and more reliable than the mail. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/change-your-vat-registration-details You don't say if it is a change of trading name (as a sole trader) or a change of a company name. if you are a company and changed your company name, you must first change your company name at Companies House, Companies House will then update HMC automatically. If you are a sole trader you can change your trading name/trading as name.
Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2024 11:25:01 GMT by
Hi, thanks so much for your prompt reply. Here is the situation. I am from China and I have a store in Amazon and I use the VAT for my Amazon store. years ago, I registered the VAT with my name as a sole trader, and my Amazon store was registered with my company name which is privately owned by me. I have been using this VAT for over 2 years and no problems. But last year, I was told the mismatch between VAT registration name and my Amazon company name. So, I called the adviser of HMRC, and I was told because my VAT was registered as a sole trader if I would like to change the registration name, I have to change the legal entity from a sole trader to a company. So, to change the legal entity, I have to mail the necessary forms to HMRC, it can not be done online. So, I mailed forms to HMRC in Oct. last year and so far, no reply. and in the last 3 weeks, I have sent 3 emails to HMRC to: vatchangeofcircs@hmrc.gov.uk, so far no reply. So, I don't know what to do now. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks so much have a nice day
Posted Sun, 11 Feb 2024 14:25:01 GMT by
Hi, thanks so much for your time, So, is there any email address that I can confirm if my application files was received? Thanks Have a nice day
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 12:16:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Red2024 Zhai,
Please contact the VAT helpline on 0300 200 3700 who can then look into this for you.
Thnak you.
Posted Sun, 18 Feb 2024 02:01:53 GMT by
Ok, thanks so much for your help Have a nice day

You must be signed in to post in this forum.