Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 31 Aug 2023 07:13:41 GMT by
Hello I have a Vat registered company IPE Group Ltd. We filed our first return on 1st August, as below: Sending for further checks 03 Aug 2023 We are making sure we pay you the right amount. You do not need to do anything, but we may contact you if we need any further information. Checking amount 01 Aug 2023 We received your return and are now checking the repayment amount we owe you. I have rang numerous times regarding this but always been told its with the team and they will process contact us again if not received after 31 days. Is this becoming a common issue for new start ups who are struggling in the early days and rely upon prompt repayments from HMRC.? Has any one got any thoughts on next steps please. I have had no contact from HMRC regarding any further checks as stated on my account. Regards Paul
Posted Fri, 01 Sep 2023 09:36:16 GMT by Jay Cooke
HMRC always verify the first VAT return of any newly VAT registered business. It has often been the situation that HMRC can take up to 30 days before making contact with the taxpayer, although HMRC usually make contact within 14 days but can take a little longer, especially around the summer holiday season. Your only realistic option is to just wait for the email or call from HMRC. In the meantime, HMRC will want to see copies of 5 or 6 of your highest VAT valued purchases, and also the same for sales. HMRC often ask for bank statements covering the VAT return period, so if you get all of these ready and waiting, when HMRC ask for these, you can reply straight away.
Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 10:28:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 17 Response
IPE Group, 

Hi.

The timescale for repayments is 30 net days and although it doesn't normally take that lenght of time we have to be thorough in our checks,especially for companies submitting their first return.

However if the 30 days has elasped then please contact our Helpline again on 03002003700 so that
we can do an internal referral over to our Compliance Team dealing with the repayment.

Thank you.

Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2024 12:06:55 GMT by kww24 Whitelam
I moved to France in October 2022 and completed the paperwork for moving abroad. My tax code was recently changed to NT and the HMRC app allowed me to reclaim an overpayment for 2022-2023. My pension provider has recently refunded my overpaid tax for this current tax year. However, I am unable to reclaim the overpayment for 2023-24. The app and the website both say that I have paid the correct amount of tax and neither allow me to make a claim for overpayment. What do I need to do to reclaim the overpaid tax for 2023-2024? Thanks.
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2024 09:45:55 GMT by Jcv21
Mine is also on sending for further checkers, we regularly require repayments as in a growth phase so lots of capital purchases which outweigh our sales. Usually gets sorted within a week or so of submission. This time has been sent for further checks on 1 Aug 2024, same day the return was submitted. Today is 23rd and still nothing yet… I have been told they are quite busy with it being summer and just come to the end of a quarter. Although through weekly phone calls to the VAT helpline I have been assured it will be sorted by the end of the month. I hope this is the case as will start to affect cash flow.
Posted Thu, 05 Sep 2024 10:51:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to check individual tax records through this forum, if you have a question which relates to your personal tax situation or tax code please contact our Income Tax team:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.