Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: VAT refund ‘sent for further checks’

Mine is also on sending for further checkers, we regularly require repayments as in a growth phase so lots of capital purchases which outweigh our sales. Usually gets sorted within a week or so of submission. This time has been sent for further checks on 1 Aug 2024, same day the return was submitted. Today is 26th and still nothing yet… I have been told they are quite busy with it being summer and just come to the end of a quarter. Although through weekly phone calls to the VAT helpline I have been assured it will be sorted by the end of the month. I hope this is the case as will start to affect cash flow.
  • RE: Repayments

Mine is also on sending for further checkers, we regularly require repayments as in a growth phase so lots of capital purchases which outweigh our sales. Usually gets sorted within a week or so of submission. This time has been sent for further checks on 1 Aug 2024, same day the return was submitted. Today is 23rd and still nothing yet… I have been told they are quite busy with it being summer and just come to the end of a quarter. Although through weekly phone calls to the VAT helpline I have been assured it will be sorted by the end of the month. I hope this is the case as will start to affect cash flow.