Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 30 Jun 2023 18:24:44 GMT by Mnj_31
We are a UK based reseller - we are buying goods from an Irish company and selling then to a UK VAT registered company. The Irish company will ship the goods directly to the end user, they are shipping them from ROI to Northern Ireland (where the customer is based). The bills we receive from the Irish company for the goods - is it correct that the goods should be zero-rated for Irish VAT as it is an export of goods? And should they have any UK VAT on them? Also, the invoice we send to the customer - should that be standard 20% UK VAT? Any help here would be greatly appreciated - cross border VAT is complicated enough but we are a UK reseller delivering goods from ROI to Northern Ireland which complicates it further!
Posted Mon, 03 Jul 2023 16:52:46 GMT by Mnj_31
Just as a note - we (the UK company) take title of the goods when they are shipped from Ireland, which is why I think it would be zero rated when we buy the goods from the distributor. I know there is also the Intra-eu laws which apply between Ireland and northern Ireland, but wasn't sure where we stood as a UK company
Posted Thu, 06 Jul 2023 14:31:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Mnj_31,

I would advise contacting the Customs and International trade helpline on 0300 322 9434 if you have any other issues with your query.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.